What are the benefits of a holistic approach to Anti-Ageing?
The term ‘Anti-Ageing’ is thrown around and around, dominating our explore page on Instagram, for you page on Tik Tok and feeds all over social media. With an abundance of information available at our fingertips, you can easily feel lost, confused and wondering, “what really is the best way to prevent fine lines and wrinkles?”
Feeling overwhelmed? We don’t blame you, we do too! However, let’s strip it back and take it back to the basics!
Firstly, ageing is a biological process influenced by a range of different genetic and lifestyle factors. Unfortunately, it is not possible to halt the process of ageing altogether (insert sad face). However, there are a variety of holistic strategies to assist in promoting a healthy ageing process.
- Eating a Healthy Diet: Consuming a balanced diet with a variety of fruits, vegetables, lean protein, healthy fats, and whole grains is critical. Rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins, and nutrients these foods will assist in supporting overall health and can help reduce signs of ageing.
- Regular Exercise: Yep, you heard it right, physical exercise has plenty of benefits and slowing the ageing process is just one of many! Exercising daily can improve cardiovascular health, increase muscle strength and is AMAZING for mental well-being.
- Stress Management: Chronic stress can contribute and lead to premature ageing. Incorporating stress management practices and relaxation techniques is critical for promoting good emotional and mental well-being.
- Good Quality Sleep: Sleep is essential for our bodies to restore and rejuvenate. Aiming for 7-9 hours per night of uninterrupted sleep is essential for a variety of important health factors. During sleep, our body repairs and grows cells, including those involved in skin health.
- Sun Production: Ultraviolet (UV) rays produced by the sun can cause damage to your skin. Implementing SPF sunscreen, protective clothing and avoiding excessive sun exposure is SO important for safety and also preventing premature ageing of the skin.
Using the Selene Pillow in conjunction with a holistic approach of skincare, diet and lifestyle choices can do wonders in slowing the ageing process.
By Felicity Richards